I've been trying to figure out this issue, and I'm still confused. I suspect it
may have something to do with the labelField attribute. Does anyone have any
ideas?

----- Original Message ----
From: S B <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, June 13, 2008 1:14:49 PM
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] Custom TreeItemRenderer not rendering children

When I do that, the data displays fine. For example, suppose I use the
following as my data provider:

    <mx:XMLList id="treeData">
        <node label="Random things">
            <node label="Dice">
                <node label="8-sided"/>
                <node label="20-sided"/>
            </node>
            <node label="Coins"/>
        </node>
    </mx:XMLList>

If I create a normal mx:Tree without any custom things going on...

        <mx:Tree dataProvider="{treeData}" labelField="@label" width="100%"
height="100%"/>

...the data shows up perfectly. When I use the custom itemRenderer...

        <mx:Tree dataProvider="{treeData}" itemRenderer="InlineColorPicker"
width="100%" height="100%"/>

(where InlineColorPicker refers to the itemRenderer I mentioned in my first
email)...only "Random Things" appears, albeit with the color picker next to it.
If showRoot=false, then only "Dice" and "Coins" appear, both with color pickers.

When drawing the mx:Tree with the custom item renderer, I removed the
labelField attribute because the label is explicitly defined in the
InlineColorPicker class.