From: Anatole Tartakovsky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, June 17, 2008 9:10:32 AM
Subject: [flexcoders] Splitting FlexCoders in smaller, focused groups

Dear All,

   Flexcoders has huge problem. In the last 15 month it is very much stagnant
in terms of message count and participation. It is not growing and dropping
members as fast as it gets them.

   I believe this group has overgrown the optimal size about a year ago and
needs to be divided in more focused smaller groups. My mail box get 100+
messages a day on all kinds of topic - unless I can spend 30+ minutes that day
to sort them out it goes directly into garbage can. Most people in the company
unsubscribed from it 18 month ago. Most of veteran developers I know either
unsubscribed or stopped looking in this mess greatly diminishing the quality of
the responses. As a result group mostly host new developers and looses most of
experienced ones after very short period of time.

Further delay of breaking this group hinders usefulness of the group for all of
us as now we have significant amount of users that are being forced out. I
believe it is time to archive flexcoders and branch (12?) targeted new user
groups

I would like to see people suggesting user subgroups and WiKi topics for Flex
community site to go with each group - providing best posts in more systematic
way.

I suggest the following Yahoo groups ( created couple for your convenience) .

Flex101: http://tech. groups.yahoo. com/group/ flex101/
Post message: [EMAIL PROTECTED] .com
Subscribe: flex101-subscribe@ yahoogroups. com

EnterpriseFlex: http://tech. groups.yahoo. com/group/ enterpriseflex/