I do the same exact thing; except no color coding. Not sure if Thunderbird does that. ;)

Multiple lists [which I think is a bad idea] to me just means more cross posts.
Doug McCune wrote:

Out of morbid curiosity, am I the only one who has multiple email
lists all being filtered into the same mega-list? I have flexcoders,
flexcomponents, apollocoders, papervision, degrafa, flexlib, and
flexjobs all dropped into a mondo folder in gmail. I color code each
list accordingly so I can at a glance see which list a message is
from, but typically I read them all in the master list. Nobody else
does this? Somehow I can stay on top of it all, although I'm sure you
could argue that at times it's certainly not helping my productivity
:)

Doug

--
Jeffry Houser