As predicted.  Try setting your ASIO4ALL buffers to 256 samples

Bob

Larry Loen wrote:

Eric wrote:

PowerSDR Beta 1.3.10 is released.  Please read the release notes for
comments about the new keyer at the following url:

http://www.flex-radio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1730

Eric Wachsmann
FlexRadio Systems

The new keyer is just bonkers for me. I'm trying to run my MFJ/Bencher combination, so I have "Iambic" deselected but new keyer on. This combination should "look like" a straight key or maybe a mechanical bug, except the signals will be electronic in nature.

Several problems observed in a short time operating (still using the Turtle Beach sound card):

1. Power levels appear to fluxuate during transmit (so my external meter indicates). Seems to happen with a lot of Dahs in a row. You know, like in WO0Z :) .

2. Attempts to change the buffer size result in crashes. SDR just 'goes away'.

3. Definite loss of leading elements as predicted, but occassionally other times, too.

4. Sometimes, sticky in transmit (won't unkey). Less of this as I continued to try it. Maybe a problem on particular settings only that I've unknowingly blundered in and out of.

5. Unless I've adjusted to the "other keyer", the rhythm is off for me at about 16 to 17 wpm. Easy to add extra dits (Zs beome 2s).

I may plug in my other keyer just to see if paddles that really needs the SDR to be its keyer behaves better.

At present, the new keyer is unusable for me, at least in this combination :( . I'm sure happier times are just around the corner.

Larry WO0Z