I called HQ this morning and spoke briefly with Gerald. He suggested checking the drive audio out on Delta 44 output ports 3/4. I had a chance to do this when I got home from work this evening. It displays the exact characteristics that I hear in the monitor output when the xmitter output goes away (or drops way off). I also had a chance to do voltage measurements on these output ports 3/4 the results of which are as follows

Keyed from any source (internal keyer, external key, "key down")
Tip (on 3.5mm plug going to SDR) starts at 508 mV and rapidly drops off to 356 mV
Ring starts at 76 mV and at the same time as the tip, drops off to 36 mV

Using "Tune" holds max indefinitely - 508/76 mV.