As a regular ham interested in great receivers, I really would like to know what level of computer processor I need to realize max receiver performance from a flex radio.

I'm not a computer guru [not even close]. I can run email and surf the net and downlaod and open files and that is about it. I can operate my buddie's Ten Tec computer dependent receiver.

Can I expect to be able to operate and update a flex radio without having my computer whiz buddy come to my house twice a week?

I don't even want to consider a version of this computer/radio that doesn't have the ultimate dynamic range and overall performance of the latest version.

So what do I really need for max performance? My only computer is a gateway with a 1.2 celeron. I have no idea about the sound card and know nothing about sound cards, ports, coms. etc.

Or am I just to uninformed to even consider this rig? All this talk of tweaking this and that, port this and that, etc reminds me that anything tied to a computer is not plug and play.

73
Steve  wd0ct