-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Steven Moore
Sent: Thursday, September 15, 2005 7:27 PM
To: Flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: [Flexradio] what do I need

As a regular ham interested in great receivers, I really would like to know
what level of computer processor
I need to realize max receiver performance from a flex radio.

I'm not a computer guru [not even close]. I can run email and surf the net
and downlaod and open files and
that is about it. I can operate my buddie's Ten Tec computer dependent
receiver.

Can I expect to be able to operate and update a flex radio without having my
computer whiz buddy come to my
house twice a week?

I don't even want to consider a version of this computer/radio that doesn't
have the ultimate dynamic range
and overall performance of the latest version.

So what do I really need for max performance? My only computer is a gateway
with a 1.2 celeron. I have no idea
about the sound card and know nothing about sound cards, ports, coms. etc.

Or am I just to uninformed to even consider this rig? All this talk of
tweaking this and that, port this and
that, etc reminds me that anything tied to a computer is not plug and play.

73
Steve  wd0ct