Steven,

Based on your description of what you are looking for and your computer
experience, I don't think you'd have any problem running the radio.
Like others have suggested, if you are concerned about the complexity of
the software, just download it and give it a whirl.

Note: If running the PowerSDR without hardware connected, it is
necessary to disable the push-to-talk circuit using the Disable PTT
control on the General Tab of the Setup Form.

Using the Delta 44 will help keep the setup simple.  If you're
interested, we sell a bundled Dell PC with our software preloaded and
calibrated with a radio order.  This is the best option for someone that
wants to just plug it in and go.

Upgrading the software is as simple as downloading another software
version and installing it.  Older versions can be left on the machine
with no interactions between the versions.  Simply import your database
from a previous version and you will be up and running when upgrading.

The 1.2GHz Celeron is on the lower end of our support spectrum.  What
this means is that if you run the PowerSDR software alone (no other
running applications), then it will run fine.  However, running
email/internet/etc will probably bring your system to a crawl while
running our software.  If you plan to multitask, I would definitely
consider an upgrade.

As far as the receiver goes, the common quote that we get from our
customers is, "This is the best receiver I have ever heard.  Period."
If you're looking for outstanding receiver performance, you have come to
the right place.

Let us know if you have any other questions.  We look forward to doing
business with you.

Eric Wachsmann
FlexRadio Systems

etc.