I managed to get my Extigy sound card going with the wife's 1.4 GHz
laptop last night (thanks to private replies, I found the USB driver).

Significance?  That's the configuration I plan to take to Belize.

A big problem, though is "motorboating".  I've run 1.4.1. and 1.4.4 on it.

The CPU is seldom much over 40 per cent, rarely gets to 60.  And yet,
the least little thing seems to "trip" it over into motorboating.  Makes
the radio a sputtering pet rock.

It is hard to reset, too.  Usually, I go into settings and change the
thread priority (doesn't matter how) and things are OK for a while after
that.

I'm using 512 for the ASIO4ALL and version 2.4 (last I had).   Buffer
value is 2.  The other buffer settings (Audio, DSP) are set for minimum
CPU cost and/or latency. The buffer settings on the SDR console are 1K and 2K to minimize computer costs as well.

What should I do to get out of this?  Is there a better version of
AS4IO?  Something else to fiddle with?  It seems like it ought to be
managing this better.

Larry   WO0Z

PS, after I get past this, the next problem is rigging the Extigy up for digital and checking out SSB. Right now, it's hooked up to the base station again, but that will change betimes as I need to check this out.