As Bill noted, based on your description, I would suspect that your
Input 1/2 is reversed.  On the Delta 44, all of the Tip connections
(gray on our cables) go to the odd channels while the Ring connections
(orange on our cables) go to the even channels.  Getting them backwards
would put you listening to the image instead of the actual signal.

Eric Wachsmann
FlexRadio Systems

display...about