Well, you motivated me to do a simple test.  I'm using the Baudline
signal analysis program under Linux and clocking the sound card at
(nominal) 96ksamples/second.

I am currently injecting a 100mv p-p signal at 11.025kHz (to simulate
the SDR-1000 IF output) into one channel of my Delta 44 card.  The
signal is coming from an HP 3325A synthesizer locked to an HP 5065A
Rubidium standard.

I'm using Baudline to decimate and downconvert the signal to get a few
Hz spread across the screen (decimate by 2048, with an FFT size of
4096).  Baudline has a high-precision frequency measurement function
that has the potential of uHz resolution (it uses phase measurements
rather than just FFT bins).

Bottom line -- when I started the test half an hour ago, the nominal
11,025Hz signal showed as 11,024.33235 and right now, it shows as
11,024.33228.  While that doesn't say anything about the long term
stability, it's consistent with what I've observed over a year or more
with this card; frequencies consistently read a little bit low, but
never by more than a fraction of a Hertz.

Now, this card is in a computer that's powered up 7x24 and has been
running for months, so it's in an electrically and thermally stable
environment.  Results from a cold start might be different.

73,
John