At 04:09 PM 11/23/2005, Robert McGwier wrote:
Relatively prime numbers are your friend.
Indeed, but I was thinking that one might be able to adopt an off the shelf dual modulus counter, which typically differ by one count.

Actually, there's all kinds of other strategies, too.. you can use the 200 MHz to clock a variety of counters, and pull out various lower rate clocks.

Or, a fast counter that has a latch.

Ultimately, I guess the real limit is in the setup/hold times in response to the 1pps (if that's what you're using)