Personally I like to see many different projects and programming
environments come out of the SDR.  These are people's personal
projects so, if you don't like the particular language/environment, no
one is forcing you to use it.  The only "official" software for the
SDR-1000 is PowerSDR which is C#/C.

Ideas from these different projects often get reused in others - which
is the real value, I think.  For example, Rocky for the SoftRock has
the automatic I/Q correction and polyphase FFT which inspired the same
in PowerSDR.

I have been looking for an excuse to play with SmallTalk...

73 de Phil N8VB