-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Jeff Anderson
Sent: Wednesday, March 22, 2006 10:11 AM
To: FlexRadio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] 160 hz notch

I was wondering that, too (why 160 Hz?).

  I'd assumed it should have been either 180 Hz or 150 Hz (for the EU,
etc.), if the goal was to notch out 3rd harmonic AC hum (but then, a comb
filter would probably be better, rather than a simple notch).

  And I'm curious, too, about a 250 Hz notch.  What is the theory behind
that?  And, if one is implemented, how narrow should the notch be?

  - Jeff, WA6AHL

Bill Nagle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  I've been meaning and forgetting to ask who told you the eq notch should
be
at 160 hz? All of my broadcast engineer friends say it should be centered
around 250 hz and be around -6-10 db deep.

Perhaps we should start a thread on the forum and get other pinions?

Bill Nagle
[EMAIL PROTECTED]