I have had my SDR-1000 for a few weeks now and I am learning all of its "bells
and wistles."  I am currentlly putting up a new Ham antenna and in the mean
time I am just using a wire strung around my den as an antenna.  I have been
listening to AM stations as well as ham stations.  I have noticed that while
listening to AM stations if I switch the display mode to Scope I see the
detected AM audio riding on a low frequency sin wave.  As I detune the radio
the frequency of the sine wave increases.  The audio from the station is not
modulating this sin wave but simply adding to or riding on it.  I have
performed the Frequency, Level, and Receive Image Reject calibrations using an
Elecraft XG2 test oscillator.  I get this behavior regardless of the version of
PowerSDR.

Can someone tell me what I am seeing and why?  Is this normal?

Thanks

Mark Ericksen
AD4MA