Brian,

How is the diode connected in the iso box?  I've made the mistake of
putting it across the key line when it really has to be across the coil
of the relay to suppress the back EMF of the coil.  Even the little 12
volt coils produce a wallop when the circuit is opened.

If you have a 10X high impedance probe and a scope you can see the back
voltage is a big number without the diode even with small coils.

I'm familiar with RF loose in the shack.  I burned out the input to my
Tek 2712 spectrum analyzer a few years ago.  Cost me $2200 to get it
fixed as I need it for my broadcast measuring business.  Has to have
traceable calibration to be legal for the measurements so I had to pay
the shot to Tek for the repairs.

73, Larry  K2LT