Joe,
This only works for enclosures that have the fan mounted inside.  Yes, you
place another filter spacer inside the box between the front panel and the
fan.  You can cut out the grill with wire cutters before installing.  Longer
screws will be required.

The Digikey part number is: CR212-ND.  I am sure that an equivalent could be
found as well.

Gerald Youngblood, K5SDR
FlexRadio Systems
Ph: 512-535-5266