        Van: [EMAIL PROTECTED] namens Alan NV8A
        Verzonden: di 27-6-2006 17:50
        Aan: flexradio@flex-radio.biz; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        CC:
        Onderwerp: [Flexradio] SDR for emergency comms?

        My teenage son questions the suitability of any software-defined radio
        -- especially one depending on a computer running Windows -- as a
        reliable means of communications in emergencies. Any takers?

        If I take the plunge and buy an SDR-1000, I expect to install my Icom
        IC-706MkIIG in the car permanently, so that would be the
        backup/emergency rig.

        Alan NV8A