Paul Shaffer wrote:
>> Were you having problems with getting a program that works with Linux
>> Erlang to work in Windows?
>
> =========
> It's all just for fun of course.
> I was just going through the distributed erlang samples getting each
> one to work. Then I hit a brick wall with distributed nodes. Nodes
> will not communicate on my Windows system. This appears to
> be a problem others have had, and there's no solution so far. A couple
> of erlang people have tried to help, but they don't run Windows so their
> help can only go so far. Try to open 2 nodes on an XP system for
> example and try to ping one from the console of the other. Should
> be a piece of cake. I've checked everything I could think of: firewall,
> cookies, etc.

SNIP

Ah, did you notice if the bricks had a slice of lemon on them? Sorry,
too early, I couldn't help myself.

In "theory" it should all work the same, it uses IP sockets to
communicate between processes, so it should work with one PC, multiple
PC's, or multiple OS's. In theory that is. Theory says that theory and
practice should be the same, practice however tells you otherwise.

I'm hoping to get to try out some of the sample programs this long
weekend, but I have a lot of stuff on my plate.

I'm surprised that they are not looking at Lisp as the glue to the
pieces, well maybe they are and haven't told us. It's so incredibly
capable, and not just in concurrent process.

--

Cecil
KD5NWA

"Sacred Cows make the best Hamburger!"  Don Seglio Batuna