It works just fine here.

You have to start up 2 instances of erlang. Here's how I do it under
cygwin.

(1) Start up 1 instance like this:
        werl -sname pong
    then compile the tutorial
        c(tut17).
    and run it
        tut17:start_pong().
(2) Start up the other instance:
        werl -sname ping
    and then run
    tut17([EMAIL PROTECTED]).
where 'ab2kt' is the hostname of my Windows machine. [You can find that
out by running
    node().
on the machine in question.]

It runs perfectly on an HP laptop using XP SP2.

What's the issue?

73
Frank
AB2KT