On 9/10/06, Tim Ellison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Now the real question: is this a problem with the calibration routine of
> just an anomaly of using a frequency standard that is effected by
> atmospheric and solar factors?

I have had problems before when the signal was not sufficient.  I
suspect a lot of QSB or in particular a lot of fluttering on the
signal would drastically effect the ability for the calibration
routine to work properly as well.  I wonder if setting the rcve filter
to a very narrow pass-band prior to running the calibration would
help, hurt, or not matter at all.  Without looking at the code, I
haven't a clue.

Eric; what actually happens there?  What mode, filters, etc., are used
during calibration?  Are those parameters hard coded, or does it use
the mode and filters the user has set?

Brian / w5ami
PS:  I am still able to calibrate just fine with the current svn.