From: Jeff Anderson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, September 10, 2006 11:17 AM
To: Gary W Strong
Cc: flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: RE: [Flexradio] FW: 1.6.3 SVN 668 - Includes some great
enhancements

Whoops - I mispoke...

My code mods actually round (when in voice mode) to the nearest 100 Hz
(rather than 1 KHz), *except* when fully zoomed out.  In that case, because
the pixel-to-pixel delta represents steps in excess of 100 Hz, I round to
the nearest 500 Hz.

Per Dan's question - personally I find that, for voice, 100/500 Hz rounding
is fine for click tuning, and I made the decision not to tie this increment
to the mouse-wheel tuning increment for a number of reasons:  1) the
increment really should relate (relate loosely) to the pixel-to-pixel
frequency delta, which changes as one zooms the display in and out (per my
earlier description of my rounding change from 100 Hz to 500 Hz), and 2)
because I prefer the additional flexibility in tuning I get as a result of
keeping these two increments seperate (one increment size used when click
tuning, and another immediately available when scrolling with mouse-wheel).

- Jeff, K6JCA