The lower values measured on the FireBox are likely due to the clipping
protections that we added to the software to prevent damage to the radio due
to the higher voltages of the FireBox.  We have measured numerous FireBoxes
and have concluded the following:

1. If a FireBox puts out any kind of audio at all, the Vmax will be
6.39Vrms.
2. See #1.  ;)

Another way to ensure that you have enough voltage is to check your PA Gain
values.  If they are within reason (38-51dB range), then you are probably
ok.

Eric Wachsmann
FlexRadio Systems