-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ken Klein
Sent: Thursday, October 05, 2006 9:56 PM
To: 'Flex Radio'
Subject: [Flexradio] printer port

I've recently purchased a Velleman PCSU-1000 oscilloscope and Velleman
K8016
signal generator.  Two pieces of equipment I can highly recommend,
especially the scope:  1G/s 2-channel 60 MHz. scope with a 25 MHz
spectrum
analyzer built in that drives a USB2 port into the PC with probes for
less
that $300!  (You can check out http://www.designnotes.com/ for
details.).
The signal generator works with the scope to provide automatic bode
plots,
which I find rather useful.  (Only up to 1MHz, though.)

Anyway, the downside is the signal generator runs off of the parallel
printer port.  That leaves zero printer ports for the SDR-1000.  Okay, I
can
buy a USB cable if I have to do that.  BUT, I installed a Vitex PCI
parallel
printer port card that provides two extra printer ports on the pc.
Great,
except that I can't get it to work with either one of the units.

I think the problem is that I can't find out what the printer port
numbers
are that correspond to LPT2 and LPT3, which are the two new ports
provided
by the PCI card.  If I knew them, then I might be able to enter them
into
the space provided on the setup menu of the SDR-1000.  Is that all there
is
to it???  Has anyone done this type of thing successfully?

I'd really like to run all this simultaneously; I've been building lofer
equipment, and this scope/generator setup with the SDR is perfect for
this
application.

Someone out there must have run into the same problem as I have, and is
using a printer with the SDR.  If anyone has any suggestions, I'd very
much
appreciate them.  Oh, and BTW, I'm not affiliated with Velleman; I just
happen to have run into this scope and think it's pretty cool.

Ken WR5H