-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Robert McGwier
Sent: Sunday, December 17, 2006 10:56 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: Flex Radio Reflector
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] [Fwd: ARLB030 FCC to Drop Morse Testing for All
Amateur License Classes]

Frank and I are at GnuRadio Hackfest.  I doubt anyone who knows us would
categorize us as anything but techno-geeks.  We are constantly looking
at the lastest technology (we are about to have an OFDM system running
in GnuRadio for example) that could be of benefit to amateur radio in
particular and communications in general.  That said,  though we both
support this decision,  we are die hard CW users.  Almost without
exception,  when we sit down in front of a radio in either of our
homes,  the first thing either of us  touches is the paddle.

That said,  I believe the FCC has done a thing they think will help save
amateur radio.  That they would attempt this is surprising since they
could have just as easily made everyone do 20 wpm and killed the hobby
for sure and then auctioned off the spectrum.  I hope they are right and
this succeeds.  We must stop having our population grow one year older
per year.  This is a prescription for utter disaster.  The other
prescription for disaster is to sit on our backsides and fail to recruit
new people, as many as we can that are under 30 years old, into our
hobby.  Software Radio, Cognitive Radio, and other high tech toys are
good tools to use to recruit interesting your people.  USE THEM.

It is up to each of us in the US to use this opportunity to do all we
can do for our hobby.

May 2007 be a great year for Software Radio in particular and amateur
radio in general.

Bob
N4HY

KE5EUP wrote:
> -
>
> SB QST @ ARL $ARLB030
> ARLB030 FCC to Drop Morse Testing for All Amateur License Classes
>
> ZCZC AG30
> QST de W1AW
> ARRL Bulletin 30  ARLB030
> >From ARRL Headquarters
> Newington CT  December 16, 2006
> To all radio amateurs
>
> SB QST ARL ARLB030
> ARLB030 FCC to Drop Morse Testing for All Amateur License Classes

"If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the
corridor in the other direction. " - Dietrich Bonhoffer