Mike:

Try moving the audio card into a different slot if it is PCI.  It sounds
to me like you just MIGHT have interrupt sharing problems.  Everyone
just expects all of that to work like magic.  Even I get caught
occasionally by having these assumptions.

Can you go back to an older version of the software and have this stop?

Can you turn the display off and have this stop?

This is not quite as maddening to the software developers as it would be
to you the frustrated user but it is maddening nevertheless.

I submitted changes to 1.9.0 beta last evening that are somewhat
significant in that a major foundational library has undergone major
changes.  I was watching as my nearly two year old Pentium 4 HT machine
was running about 5% CPU doing 11 fps update of the panadapter without a
single pop.  It is a maddening thing for us to not be able to recreate
these issues because then we could more easily find them.

Bob

A.R.S. - W5AMI wrote:
> On 12/23/06, Mike Naruta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Hmmmm.  Sounds like something new in your Windoze.
>>
>> Have you tried running Windows Task Manager
>> (Ctrl-Alt-Delete) and clicking on the Processes tab.
>>
>> You can click twice on the CPU tab and it will sort
>> the processes to show you from the most CPU down to
>> the least CPU.  See if you can identify the culprit.
>> You can Google whatever shows up when your SDR-1000
>> starts popping.
>>

>> It also may be a buffer size issue.
>>

> Thanks again Mike.  Yeah, I've watched the processes for probably
> hours and nothing seems to be hogging cpu's.  They all seem to be
> legit processes too.
>
> I've tried all combo's of buffer sizes with no change.  This seems to
> be a "timed" event, once on the average of about 60 seconds.  Then the
> pops (sounds like a tiny galloping horse) go for about 5 to 10
> seconds.
>
> Thanks for the help and suggestions.
>
> Brian

"If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the
corridor in the other direction. " - Dietrich Bonhoffer