Since my last CW QSO was approx 30 years ago, I decided it was time to dust off
the key & try to get some proficiency built up.

I am not clear on how to connect a straight key or external keyer via a COM
port.  Maybe it is just my fuzzy brain, but the manual does not seem to be real
clear about this.  Nor is the information found in the Knowledge Base.

1.)  The manual says:  Common --> Pin 4 (DTR), Dot --> Pin 6 (DSR), & Dash -->
Pin 8 (CTS).  Do I connect the keyer output to Pin 6, Pin 8, or both?

2.)  On the Setup>Keyer tab, what settings should I use in the "Connections"
box?  Or do I need to worry about it since I am using an external keyer?

3.)  What other settings are needed that I am missing?

Thanks for the help.

73, Ray, K9DUR