No, It seems things are working about right. My noise gate is set at
-30dB.
And your display seems to be normal as far as I can discern. I will pass
along my SSB setup but in no way should it be considered the optimum... I
use a Heil Pro Set with an HC-5 element.

        Mic 35
        Compressor is on at 3
        Comapnder is OFF
        VOX 12
        Noise Gate -30

        I try to keep my mic gain at the point where on voice peaks, I will see
approximately 0dBm on the MIC meter. I have no idea what to do with the
compandor. When I tried some tests with it when setting up the SDR, I got
serious complaints so I have left it OFF.

73 Jim,W4ATK