  From: A.R.S. - W5AMI
  To: Jerry Flanders
  Cc: Frank Mayer ; FlexRadio@flex-radio.biz
  Sent: Monday, January 22, 2007 12:32 PM
  Subject: Re: [Flexradio] spam: Spur on AM

  On 1/22/07, Jerry Flanders <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  > If it is actually a ground loop, I think my first approach would be
  > to try to find that loop and eliminate it, rather than spending $40
  > and a trip to a RS store.
  >
  > Jerry W4UK

  Jerry,

  This has been an issue for some time with Flexer's using AM.  I have
  no problems with ground loops in any mode, and using a Henry 3K
  Classic export.  If it is a ground loop, it is within the black box
  and nothing you can do on the outside.  Flex duplicated the problem in
  their lab and the only solution they could find was to add the 1:1
  isolation xfmr (this is what I was told).  Even at that, the spur was
  not eliminated, but reduced 50 db down from the actual carrier
  transmitted on the fundamental freq.  In some cases, that's not enough
  if you're +60 db on a local ham.

  I can run SSB at the legal limit without the 1:1 and have no spur down
  the band, but inject a carrier with the same PEP, and there it goes.
  Carrier AND audio is heard 11kcs down.  So where is my ground loop?
  IMHO, OUTS 3 & 4 should have been better isolated within the SDR or
  the Delta-44.

  I got a nasty phone call about it before I knew, and another ham I
  know nearly got a fine for malicious interference...

  Brian / w5ami

7:30 AM