Ross Stenberg wrote:

> All of this information on transformers, ground loops, and isolation
> certainly makes a USB only interface seem very attractive.
>
>       73 Ross K9COX

If that were the ultimate solution,  no one would pay for these
isolation transformers.  In one of my computers,  the USB interface
CONTRIBUTED to the problem and provided a high enough impedance to one
of the grounds to cause a problem.  Who knows which one?  Most of the
hot shot audio guys I know (including John, et. al.) have used isolators
long before there was a Flex Radio to deal with this issue. It is not
surprising to see these problems with the wide variability in computer
mobo's, PS, cases,  shack grounding, etc.

> FlexRadio Knowledge Base: http://kb.flex-radio.com/

"Taking fun as simply fun and earnestness in earnest shows
how thoroughly thou none of the two discernest." - Piet Hine