-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Gerald Capodieci
Sent: Sunday, February 11, 2007 5:34 PM
To: flexradio@flex-radio.biz; Hans J. Smit; Edwin Marzan; WARD, AL;
kd5nwa
Subject: [Flexradio] 24. Transmit noise - Computer generated with
D44(Gerald Capodieci) FOUND IT!

The problem was possible due to the D44-card-to-computer-case
connection. I used electrical tape to isolate the D44 card's L-bracket
mount from the metal of the computer. The bottom tab and the sides of
the L-bracket were taped to electrically insulate the card from the
computer case. Now there's no raspy noise and about a 10db reduction in
amplifier hiss. It is possible that for some reason, the D44's ground
needs to be isolated from the computer case. Now, I've only just did
this and it seems great, however if something blows up later, I'll
update this posting.
  Thanks everybody for all the suggestions.
  Jerry