Hi all,

I spent some time last night pouring over the ECO's and determining
which ones were done to my radio.  I did end up taking off the BPF
board to get a better look at the RFE.  Also during this process I
reviewed the block diagrams that Peter sent (thanks!).

Today with the help of Joe (AB1DO) I was able to test my radio
against his radio.  When we hooked up the XG1 my radio was showing
the XG1's signal at about S3.  It was also quite a bit off frequency
and suffered from some serious image issues.  After a few runs at
calibrating it and tweaking it back on frequency we ran it against
Joe's SDR.  The result were that the calibrating (with a good signal
source) seems to help significantly.  My radio still seems to be
about 10 dBm down from his but I believe it to be because his radio
has the newer preamp (ECO025).  We listened to a signal that was
showing around -90 dBm on my radio vs. his which was showing about
-80 dBm.

I guess the lesson learned is that if you own a SDR-1000 you best get
a XG1 or similar signal source.  Maybe future Flex Radio models can
incorporate a similar circuit?  Unfortunately, I had to go back to
work but I'm looking forward to getting it hooked back up in the
shack tonight.

Thank everyone who responded with suggestions and comments.  And a
big thanks to Joe for making time today to help me sort out the
problems.  It's great to have a local fellow Flexer!

'73
Dana  N1OFZ