Phil:

I measured the MDS on my radio (a beta, not a production unit but with
all known issues fixed on the 6 meter amplifier) and it had an MDS of
-130 dBm at 50.125.

While this is not deaf as a stone by any stretch of the imagination, I
would suggest at least a 10 dB preamp, one of the newer ones from DEMI
(with the improved IP3).  The nice thing about this for the Flex5000 is
this is seamless.   There is a path for the insertion of same
automatically into the receiver path, RXIN and RXOUT and all of this is
handled automagically in the software by the user.  This setting will
work by band!

I sent Richard Allen (W5SXD, SDR-1000 #1 owner) , a power spectrum of
the bottom 192 kHz of the six meter band.  No spurs,  flat as the
Bonneville salt flats.  My radio puts out 95 watts on 50.125 MHz into my
Bird 43 (with the 100w proper slug) into a 50 Ohm dummy load.  The
second harmonic is well below all required specs on my radio and Gerald
has put an even better one (specifically for six meters)  in the
production units.  he is really working hard to make this an excellent
six meter radio.

The transverter agility on the Flex 5000 is amazing.  The OCXO in this
thing is like the rock of gibraltar.   This is a very expensive add on
in most radios,  it comes standard even in the A model.   Thus I don't
really need to inject my rubidium 10 MHz source into it but I do for the
sake of perfection just to make sure that circuit is working.

For your and others information,  DEMI is back in business.  They are
answering the phone in Florida.  Pardon me if I got all of my orders in
before I passed this along.

;-).

Bob
N4HY

Phil LaMarche wrote:
> I sold my SDR-1000 this morning and have the 5000 on order.  I have been
> told that Flex has fixed the 6 meter  band on the 5000 and it now works like
> it should both transmit (power) and receive(dead as a post). If this can be
> confirmed, I'll be able to sell my 746PRO that I use on 6&2 and order a good
> transverter for 2 meters for the Flex.
>
> I'll be here in Spirit until September.
>
> Phil
>

> Philip LaMarche