-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Rob Dennison
Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2007 9:34 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] SDR-1000 and Winkey with N1MM Logger

Hi Brian and all,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but does not a program such as N1MM send a
character string through a COM or USB port to an external keyer which
then converts it to a string of opens and grounds which are then fed back
into PowerSDR via a real COM port and hence to PowerSDR?

If so, why not make a minor mode to CWX so it can receive a string of
ACII from an external program say via vCOM as well as via a keyboard?

Simplicity is the soul of elegance.

Why should I be required to spend yet another $70 for a WinKey kit and
build it up in my shop to fix what is basically a specification bug in
PowerSDR?

73's
Rob
AB7CF