-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of FireBrick
Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2007 8:51 AM
To: FlexRadio List
Subject: [Flexradio] Almost have Flex & PWSDR the way I want

I have one small problem.

Apparently I'm getting rf into the ptt circuit.
Even though I've torroid the cables properly.
Have a good 'single point ground'

Operating high power, will cause the ptt footswitch, desk button, and ptt
from my MFJ DVK to stop working.
Problem does not happen at normal barefoot (100watt) levels.
So far, I've experienced this on 80 and 20 meters.
I tend to stay barefoot so haven't had the chance to challenge other
bands/modes to see if they are effected also.

I must power down the Flex5K and restart. Just shutting down PWSDR won't fix

it.

I must use VOX instead of manually asserting ptt or having the DVK assert
ptt for me.
I normally only use the ptt footswitch during SSB but ocasionally on cw just

so the relays don't work so hard.

I'm very experienced at solving rfi problems but this one has me stumped.

If anyone has experienced rfi disabling the ptt circuit and has a
suggestion.
I'm eager to hear it.

as always
pse & tu

I wished the buck stopped here, as I could use a few.