Dudley,
Thank you , I am not alone ...

What make me feel that it's an issue with powersdr/vista and/or handling of
the comm is that it is working fine with Pwrsdr 1548 which, if I recall
correctly was just prior to some drastic changes of the pwrsdr design
regarding TxRx half-duplex full duplex streams or so.

If nothing was working on Vista, I would have thought that it's a virtual
comm handler problem specific to Vista but it's not.

As the problem is 100% reproducable, we can expect that people designing the
SW would be in good position to track the root cause!.

I do enjoy using my sdr1000, with HRD it's a real blasting system for easy
Dx spotting.

Best regards
Jean-marc