Dear Flexers:

My last update to the reflector was on December 5th for reference.  We have
made some important improvements and bug fixes in the latest PowerSDR(TM)
SVN alpha releases, which will be of interest to many of you.

PowerSDR bug fixes and feature enhancements include:

1) Improved ATU interface now on the front panel.  Operation is now faster
and more reliable.
2) CW image rejection bug fix.  There was a bug that prevented CW from
having any I/Q correction for image rejection.  The bug was causing the
image to be enhanced rather than nulled.
3) Tune is now passed through DSP so that image rejection is applied.
4) Vista crash on exit bug is fixed.
5) Antenna selection display now on the front panel.
6) You can now use your paddles either with the internal CWX keyer or
external program such as MixW.
7) Now when using Virtual Audio Cable (VAC) you can key the microphone in
SSB mode to override VAC.

Firmware v0.1.1.8 changes:

1) Enabled region specific transmit profiles
2) Fixed problem when running PowerSDR 1.10.3 where bias would stay on after
transmitting in phone.  This is not a problem when running SVN versions.

Open issues and feature addition plan:

1) There is a known bug on phone modes where peaks are exceeding the nominal
value.  The bug is reproducible and we are working on a fix.
2) Add settings to allow custom transition delays using TX1-TX3 key lines.
3) We have not been able to reproduce the open PTT issue in firmware
mentioned in my 12/5/07 email.  We have expended significant resources to
try to reproduce the problem without success.  We know that a small number
of customers have experienced the problem where the receiver is muted after
returning from transmit until the PTT line is pressed again.  If you can
help us with a way to reproduce, please email [EMAIL PROTECTED]

We are nearing a new Official Release of PowerSDR.  Once the above open
issues are addressed and a reasonable period on air testing by SVN users has
elapsed, we will complete the release.

We at FlexRadio want to wish everyone a joyous time with family and friends
this holiday season.

Merry Christmas,
Gerald

Gerald Youngblood, K5SDR