From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Rick Markey, KN3C
Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2007 9:07 PM
To: flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: [Flexradio] TX Monitor - Newbie Question

Am in the process of setting up and learning my way around my new 5000A.
This is my first Flex.  Very cool but lots to learn

I am primarily a phone operator.  With my previous radios I have become
accustomed to operating with headphones, and with the TX monitor turned on.  I
tried that with the 5000A and the latency in the TX monitor was so excessive as
to be unuseable.

Before I go playing with settings, I thought it best to ask if the amount of
latency I experienced is typical or is it something that can be tweaked.  I
looked through the FAQ's but did not see anything relevant.

I am using the default settings, and the computer is an AMD 6000+ dual core
that doesn't appear to be breaking a sweat running Power SDR.  CPU useage is
typically less than 10%.

Tnx,

de Rick, KN3C

Checked by AVG Free Edition.