Am in the process of setting up and learning my way around my new 5000A.
This is my first Flex.  Very cool but lots to learn

I am primarily a phone operator.  With my previous radios I have become
accustomed to operating with headphones, and with the TX monitor turned
on.  I tried that with the 5000A and the latency in the TX monitor was
so excessive as to be unuseable.

Before I go playing with settings, I thought it best to ask if the
amount of latency I experienced is typical or is it something that can
be tweaked.  I looked through the FAQ's but did not see anything
relevant.

I am using the default settings, and the computer is an AMD 6000+ dual
core that doesn't appear to be breaking a sweat running Power SDR.  CPU
useage is typically less than 10%.

Tnx,

de Rick, KN3C

Checked by AVG Free Edition.