-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Ken N9VV
Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2007 10:06 AM
To: Flex-radio Reflector
Subject: [Flexradio] [OT] please backup your PC

Dear friends on the Flex list,

this is a nagging reminder to lease backup your PC on a regular basis.
Clean your disk of junk
(C:\Windows\system32\cleanmgr.exe)

Clean off your old Internet cache (history) in IE or your favorite
browser

Defrag your disk (C:\Windows\system32\dfrg.msc)
          (http://www.auslogics.com/disk-defrag/)

Check your disk for file integrity and consistency
[best done from SAFE mode - F8 when booting]
         C:\WINDOWS\system32\chkdsk.exe /F
         C:\WINDOWS\system32\chkntfs.exe

W4TME recommends a good Registry Cleaner like
RegistryFix  http://www.registryfix.com
Please backup your important files. Write them to a CDROM or DVD.
[do a test later to be *sure* you can read the CDROM/DVD]
Keep the CD in a safe place.

Don't forget:
[ ]  The XYL files, kids homework, music, IM, email
[ ]  Bookmarks or Favorites
[ ]  Address book and Email files
[ ]  Documents and important letters
[ ]  Spreadsheets
[ ]  Electronic Log entries and digi program sub-directories
[ ]  AIM Buddy List
[ ]  Skype Contact List
[ ]  Favorite DOS programs
[ ]  wav and mp3 recordings
[ ]  All those Field Day, shack and antenna pictures
[ ]  Digi mode files and programs (EasyPal, FDMDV, VAC, vCOM)
[ ]  Propagation programs
[ ]  DX Cluster access files
[ ]  TortoiseSVN files
[ ]  Teamspeak subdir
[ ]  Any text files containing LICENSE keys

It *can* happen to you! - disk manufacturers stay in business by
selling
hard drives. Their high performance  disks can fail after 36 months of
continuous use.

Back up and be safe!
Happy Holidays to all the Flexers,
de ken n9vv