I was running it just with Psdr on an E6600 machine with 4 gigs of
memory and with a 3khz filter on 20 I saw a max of 19% utilization.  I
was not running my logging program so maybe that adds to the mix but I
have never noticed dx4win adding a great deal of overhead. It was
decoding 3 signals at that time, btw.

I did register though, maybe there is a cpu overhead penalty for
unregistered versions (I am just joking I am sure that is not the
case)

Neal

On Feb 8, 2008 6:49 PM, FireBrick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> It works
> (if like I said I remember to turn on the VAC. LOL)
> but it's a cpu hog.
>
> It basically copies all stations in the panadaptor.
>
> For some reason, even though the Flex5000 is one of the radios offered in the 
> setup, that selection is grayed out.
> maybe I need to purchase it before that option is offered.
> Emails to software author about that unanswered as yet.
>
> Right now I have PWSDR at 10.115.000
> In CWU mode with a 140 Hz wide cw filter
> CW Skimmer is showing 3 cw signals I can't hear as they are outside the 
> filter.
>
> I only have it running in Callsign mode so it's showing the signal and the 
> callsign of the station transmitting.
>
> And as there is no way to assign a comport in a Y configuration so as to 
> control the logging/PWSDR cat com port, I can't try the qsy2qrg feature.
>
>
> I've been chasing the A45XR on 30 who operates split for the last week with 
> no success hearing or working him.
> But I used CWSkimmer this morning to watch for his split pattern so if I ever 
> do hear him I'll know where to transmit.
>
> It does suck CPU though
> Normal CPU use is +-28-35 % with a full load of cluster and logging software
> with CWSkimmer the CPU use jumps to 75 - 85 %.
>
> It 'appears' that the more signals, the more cpu climbs.
>
> I have a fire extinguisher at the ready in case there are dozens of signals 
> in the pile   :-(((
>
> _______________________________________________
> FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
> [email protected]
> http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
> Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
> Knowledge Base: http://kb.flex-radio.com/  Homepage: 
> http://www.flex-radio.com/
>
>



-- 
Try Spot for OS X, the intelligent DXCluster Client at
www.abrohamnealsoftware.com

For a great dog book, visit www.abrohamneal.com

_______________________________________________
FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
Knowledge Base: http://kb.flex-radio.com/  Homepage: http://www.flex-radio.com/

Reply via email to