You should use the virtual cable1/virtual cable2 setup for the
skimmer. At least thats how I have it. Otherwise it sounds correct.

Neal

On Feb 8, 2008 8:19 PM, Joe - AB1DO <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hmmm, trying to get CWSkimmer working in trial mode, but no luck as yet. CAT
> is working, but audio seems to be the issue (yes VAC is turned on ;-).
>
> Using a Flex 5000, in CWSkimmer it is not quite clear to me which Hardware
> type I should select and what settings to use for Sampling Rate, etc. (Flex
> 5000 Primary Audio Sampling Rate is 96k and VAC Sampling Rate is 48k (see
> below).
>
> Secondly, as audio settings I have set the soundcard Drive to MME, Signal
> I/O Device to Virtual Cable 2 In and Audio I/O Device to SoundMax
> DigitalAudio.
>
> In PowerSDR the VAC Driver is MME, Input is Virtual Cable 1 In and Output is
> Virtual Cable 2 Out. Buffer Size is currently 1024 and Sample Rate 48000
> (unclear what this should be set to). and Stereo is checked.
>
> Any ideas? Thanks,
> 73 de Joe - AB1DO
>
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "FireBrick" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: "FlexRadio List" <[email protected]>
> Sent: Friday, February 08, 2008 13:49
> Subject: [Flexradio] CW Skimmer
>
>
> > It works
> > (if like I said I remember to turn on the VAC. LOL)
> > but it's a cpu hog.
> >
> > It basically copies all stations in the panadaptor.
> >
> > For some reason, even though the Flex5000 is one of the radios offered in
> > the setup, that selection is grayed out.
> > maybe I need to purchase it before that option is offered.
> > Emails to software author about that unanswered as yet.
> >
> > Right now I have PWSDR at 10.115.000
> > In CWU mode with a 140 Hz wide cw filter
> > CW Skimmer is showing 3 cw signals I can't hear as they are outside the
> > filter.
> >
> > I only have it running in Callsign mode so it's showing the signal and the
> > callsign of the station transmitting.
> >
> > And as there is no way to assign a comport in a Y configuration so as to
> > control the logging/PWSDR cat com port, I can't try the qsy2qrg feature.
> >
> >
> > I've been chasing the A45XR on 30 who operates split for the last week
> > with no success hearing or working him.
> > But I used CWSkimmer this morning to watch for his split pattern so if I
> > ever do hear him I'll know where to transmit.
> >
> > It does suck CPU though
> > Normal CPU use is +-28-35 % with a full load of cluster and logging
> > software
> > with CWSkimmer the CPU use jumps to 75 - 85 %.
> >
> > It 'appears' that the more signals, the more cpu climbs.
> >
> > I have a fire extinguisher at the ready in case there are dozens of
> > signals in the pile   :-(((
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
> > [email protected]
> > http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
> > Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
> > Knowledge Base: http://kb.flex-radio.com/  Homepage:
> > http://www.flex-radio.com/
> >
> >
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
> [email protected]
> http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
> Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
> Knowledge Base: http://kb.flex-radio.com/  Homepage: 
> http://www.flex-radio.com/
>
>



-- 
Neal Campbell
Abroham Neal Software
Programming Services for Windows, OS X and Linux
(540) 242 0911
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Try Spot for OS X, the intelligent DXCluster Client at
www.abrohamnealsoftware.com

For a great dog book, visit www.abrohamneal.com

_______________________________________________
FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
Knowledge Base: http://kb.flex-radio.com/  Homepage: http://www.flex-radio.com/

Reply via email to