I've recently acquired an SDR-1000 with a Presonus Firebox, and I am anxiously
trying to get the most out of it. I'll be doing low and medium band SWL'ing
along with using the 1K as my main station rig for QSO's. Unfortunately I live
in a townhouse (almost apartment-like) and have very limited antenna choices
available. What are you all using as far as long(?) wires (30ft or so) and
verticals (without any inground radial system)?

Right now I have a random wire attached, but received signals are very few and
far between, and I can't even use the TUNE mode at low power to get the ATU to
help due to high SWR issues. I'm thinking that an MFJ16010 type tuner between
my wire and the SDR-1000 will help immensely. Anyone using a similar setup?

Jim
KC3SN