-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of RoodyJ
Sent: Friday, March 21, 2008 12:04 PM
To: flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: [Flexradio] SDR-1000 Wire Antennas

I've recently acquired an SDR-1000 with a Presonus Firebox, and I am
anxiously trying to get the most out of it. I'll be doing low and medium
band SWL'ing along with using the 1K as my main station rig for QSO's.
Unfortunately I live in a townhouse (almost apartment-like) and have very
limited antenna choices available. What are you all using as far as long(?)
wires (30ft or so) and verticals (without any inground radial system)?

Right now I have a random wire attached, but received signals are very few
and far between, and I can't even use the TUNE mode at low power to get the
ATU to help due to high SWR issues. I'm thinking that an MFJ16010 type tuner
between my wire and the SDR-1000 will help immensely. Anyone using a similar
setup?

Jim
KC3SN
Checked by AVG.