Hi Ed,

I want to thank you guys for responding.

I also get all the pops and crackles and the panadapter display flashing
on and off drives me crazy, but yes I believe I could hear the 200 hz
offset solid S9 tone.  Useful band noise?  I doubt I would have heard a
dit or a dah!

What would be really cool is for several of you guys to establish the
highest code rate at which you could hear useful band noise...  let's
define it as a dah.   Using a dah will tilt the table a little bit in
flex's favor, but that's okay..

If we get 10 or 12 folk to do it we might see a trend with twenty or
thirty reports we would have a dang good idea what the full QSK upper
limit is.  That would probably be really good info for our wonderful
designers.   If we get enough results subjective listening ("I hear
enough band noise would be okay...")  but don't guess...

Remember, to go with, we need Cpu speed + memory size, Windows version,
no other apps running and preferably v1.10.4 + 5K or 1K.

I just re-ran the test listing for subjective band noise.  I hit 17wpm.

Very best regards
Rob
AB7CF