Ken,

I would look at the NIC card or drivers..   Check with the vendor for
latest NIC drivers, particularly if you are using MS default drivers.
The NIC card is the biggest offender.  You might want to run the DPC
checker as a way to check for these delays.

http://kb.flex-radio.com/article.aspx?id=10445

Also if you are running XP,  don't forget to update the FW driver update
from Microsoft.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/885222

Hope this helps,

73,
Dudley
WA5QPZ

Ken Danser wrote:
> Hello,
>
> First let me say thank you for all of those who participate answering my
> questions!  I sometimes don't follow up with thank you only emails, but all
> is appreciated and everyone here as always are doing a great job, so (Thank
> you Very Much!)
>
> My new questions: First a few more words!  My "Intel D975XBX2KR" went bad on
> Friday.  Intel will be replacing it!  Anyway, I went and bought a new "EVGA"
> system board. (expensive mind you) I was told it has a lifetime warranty.
> Anyway all is back up and running, but if I decide to surf the web with IE
> 7.0 (Yuck!) Power SDR 10.4 locks up most of the time.
>
> The Intel board did not act in this way.
>
> I tried the on board Fire wire and the Original Fire wire board that I was
> using on the "Intel" that is now on the "EGVA" and with the new system board
> it now locks up using IE.
>
> Op System: XP Pro
> Processor: Dual Processor 2.4
> Memory: 4 gigs of Corsair DDR2 800