Brian:

The firmware is indeed closed as this IS REQUIRED to be in compliance with
law.  We are not violating any FSF rules because the firmware runs under .
We have been promised a full technical manual, which would include the API.
My old pal Brian needs to join dttsp-linux where the developments, including
the API for the fully open control of the 5000 are being undertaken.

We know what is going on with the debounce, qsk, etc. issues.  It will only
require the rewrite of thousands of lines of the closed firmware.  That is a
major undertaking,  which will be joined by both volunteer (me, Frank,
others) and the ONE paid software writer empowered to do this work at Flex.
Since this clearly became much more important than the open linux API (since
it was going to change anyway because of this) it has been put in back of
this development.

PATIENCE my old friend.  It is in the works but life keeps wandering in the
way with more fires than firemen.  Flex is still a small start up that did
NOT use Venture capital and has kept its burn rate less than cash flow but
is heavily investing in the future.

73's
Bob