Art,

I have noticed the same problem (with a slightly different error message)
since I loaded a new version of HRD last fall & with every release of HRD
since.  Recently, however, it has happened rather rarely, so it has not been
at the top of my radar screen.

I cannot offer a solution.  However, I can tell you how to recover without
rebooting the PC.  The problem is that, even though the main screen of
PowerSDR is no longer visible, a portion of PowerSDr is actually still
running.  To recover:

1.  Right-click on the task bar at the bottom of the screen & click on "Task
Manager".
2.  Click on the "Processes" tab.
3.  Scroll down the list until you find "powersdr.exe".
4.  Right-click on "powersdr.exe" & then click on "End Process".

This will shut down the stub of PowerSDR that is still running & allow you
to re-start the program.

I do not know if this is a problem with PowerSDR or a problem with Ham Radio
Deluxe.  It is definitely an interaction between the 2 processes.

73, Ray, K9DUR