From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Alan NV8A
Sent: Tuesday, July 22, 2008 10:19 AM
To: Flex Group
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] Editing the database wasn't what I wanted originally
anyway

On 07/22/08 06:23 am I wrote:

> On 07/21/08 10:29 pm Ray, K9DUR wrote:
>
>> Tim,
>>
>> You must be correct about Open Office causing a problem.
>>
>> Alan's statement that, "...the database is defined to permit only two
>> decimal places..." is absolutely not correct.  The "Low" & "High" fields in
>> the BandText table are double-precision floating-point numbers, with at
>> least 14 significant digits.  With a maximum frequency of 65 MHz, this means
>> that the values stored can have up to 12 digits after the decimal point.
>> Typical values in these fields are entered to the nearest Hz, or 6 digits
>> after the decimal point.  Any limitation to only 2 digits must be either a
>> limitation in or a setting of Open Office.

> Perhaps I jumped to the wrong conclusion based on what I observed: I
> could enter 14.236, but as soon as I moved over to the next field, what
> was displayed was "14.24."

Note that what I had in mind when I posted my original feature request
was the ability to click on a frequency and be offered the option to add
my own label.

I'm trying to gather a list of digital frequencies whose labels could be
added in one fell swoop, but I still think some people might like a
simple method of labeling some pet frequency as, for example, "Old
Farts' bitching net."

Alan NV8A