What is so different with 1.16.1 compared to 1.17.0 ??
With 1.17.0 and SVN > 2497 there are no problems at all with firmware 1.3.0.0. I run all HTRX tests, RX (filter, level, image), TX (filter, image, carrier), RX2 (level, image), all bands passed in the first run!
73, Hans, DL2MDQ.

Neal Campbell schrieb:
If the vendor specifies the steps for migration, it is the defined
migration path for a successful upgrade. It might not make a lot of
sense if you are not directly involved in the release (I think we all
have sometimes scratched our heads on instructions from every vendor
we deal with). If the steps are so onerous that it inflicts a lot of
customer pain, then the vendor has made a mistake but I don't think
thats the situation here.

The great news if that the previous software is so good that if the
steps are onerous, people can stay with 1.14.1.

I had no issues (except the PA checksum one) when following their
instructions but I might be lucky.

Neal Campbell
Abroham Neal Software
Programming Services for Windows, OS X and Linux
(540) 242 0911
Try Spot for OS X, the intelligent DXCluster Client at
www.abrohamnealsoftware.com -  $15.99
For a great dog book, visit www.abrohamneal.com
See the FlexRadio Systems Flex-5000a in
action at www.flex-videos.com